Book Exchange Trade Policy
Trade in your used books for store credit!
Trade Value given for books:
- Mass Market Paperback – 25% of publisher’s price
- Trade Size Paperback – 25% of publisher’s price
- Hardback Books – $2-5 depending on condition and need
Books must be in good condition, odor free (i.e. pets, smoke). We take books based on need and may not always take all of your books.
- All books, unless otherwise marked, are half the publisher’s price, or less.
- You can pay up to half of your purchase price with trade credit, however, the remaining balance must be paid by cash, check, or credit card. Trade credit does not expire, so as long as we remain in business, it is valid. There is not a per book fee for any book. Trade credit cannot be used on new books or other new items in the store (gifts, journals, cards, etc).
- There is no ”cash” section or “trade” section in the store. This helps streamline inventory and allows genres to be placed together.
- If you have questions, please ask!
New books are offered at 10% off publisher’s price, and we carry required reading titles for area schools.
We hope you will continue to shop local and shop Book Exchange!
We will continue having author signings, book club, community group functions (mahjong, knitting, writers groups) and carry on our long-standing tradition of supporting local authors.